The history of Monica wine is inseparably entwined in the mystery and fascinating tradition of Alghero. At the turn of the 11th century a few Spanish monks planted this grape variety in the area between Sassari and Alghero. Under the reign of the Aragonese, it was the Camaldolesi who promoted the wine all over the rest of the island with such a degree of success, that today it is amongst the most popular red grape varieties on the island.
- Harvest: Selected grape clusters
- Vinification: Temperature – controlled fermentation with maceration for 10 | 12 days.
- Schede Vini Title Affinamento: For at least one year in French oak barrel and bottle
- Visual exam: Intense ruby red with brilliant reflection
- Olfactory examination: Elegant and intense, with notes of flowers and red fruits
- Gustatory examination : Balanced, well structured, and smooth on the palate
- Pairings: Excellent paired with cured meats and cheeses. Complements main courses of white and red meats
There are no reviews yet.